Production material distribution is an important part of an enterprise's production process, and accurate and timely material distribution is the key to ensuring smooth and stable production. In this project, IPLUSMOBOT provided the customer with the unmanned operation of in-plant material handling by means of customized AGV smart material distribution solutions that improve both the efficiency and accuracy of material distribution.
In the customer's workshop, IPLUSMOBOT deployed a complete set of smart logistics robot solutions, including the self-developed flexible robot EMMA600, which has a load capacity of 600kg, calling equipment and charging stations, and the smart scheduling system CLOUDIA. These hardware and software are used to achieve the unmanned distribution of various instruments and spare parts required for production between the warehouse area and the assembly line.
At the project site, the EMMA600 that has received the fetching instruction needs to arrive at the assembly line first and take an empty trolley back to the warehouse area. Next, it transports the trolley full of spare parts from the warehouse area to the designated assembly line and feeds back the execution data to the console. After the task is completed, the EMMA600 will automatically return to the resting pose for standby or enter the automatic charging area for charging.
Project Difficulties and Countermeasures
● In this project, EMMA600 needs to be equipped with a larger-sized trolley. In passageways of the workshop with limited space, the AGV's navigation and docking accuracy and control capabilities are required to be high.
● The flow of people in the production workshop is a test for the operation of EMMA600.
IPLUSMOBOT's trackless navigation AGV can transport different types of carriers to meet the application needs of different scenarios. The positioning control is accurate during the driving process, and the positioning accuracy can reach ±1cm/1°.
● The docking accuracy under dynamic disturbance can reach ±2mm/0.2°, which is fully qualified for the high-precision requirements of manufacturing logistics operations.
● IPLUSMOBOT AGV supports human–robot collaboration, automatically identifies and adapts to the dynamic and complex changing environment, and automatically avoids and moves forward or backward when encountering obstacles on the path. Moreover, IPLUSMOBOT AGV achieves safe and precise transportation thanks to its in-situ turning and omnidirectional movement according to needs.
● Improve production line logistics efficiency, reduce costs and increase efficiency—by using EMMA600 for material handling at the project site, the original 8 people (3 people prepare the material, 4 people feed it, and 1 person records the feeding information) in the warehouse area are reduced to 3 people (3 people prepare), which greatly improves the work efficiency.
● Improve the accuracy of material transportatio
However, like most manufacturers, it is facing the problem of automatic and digital production: how to maintain market competitiveness with flexible production ability.