The customer is a world-famous photovoltaic cell manufacturing enterprise with high level of automation on production line. The workshop process is closely linked, and the logistics transportation is frequent. Before retrofiting, the situation of manual loading and unloading materials among multiple production lines, long walk distance, high work intensity still exists. What’s more, the COVID-19 epidemic has caused a number of employee infections. How to increase productivity with mobile robots has been the new challenge.
In its manufacturing factory in Malaysia, the customer has deployed tens of dedicated 200kg-class PV industry wafer carrier handling, loading and unloading AMR, automatic charging station and fleet management system CLOUDIA of IPLUSMOBOT. With specific carrier, the precise fetching and placement of the silicon wafer carrier has been achieved. The higher robustness and docking operation ability of EMMA serious robots achieve automatic transfer, loading and unloading of BM (the wafer carrier) among each process of WINS (detection), WB-Common (classified transit bin) and WB (Wet Bench) without intervention.
1. The customer has increased the efficiency of production lines sharply, and reduced the cost. In the cases:
(1) The workers in need reduce from 5 or 6 to 0 during the technological process from WINS to COMMON;
(2) In the position of COMMON, 2 to 3 workers need to be added for fault handling of the device (WINS, COMMON, DOCK);
(3) In the position of DOCK, the number of the workers for feeding has reduced from 6 to 2 or 3.
2. The customer has achieved non-touch distributing, loading and unloading materials during the COVID-19 epidemic, which has reduced the risk of infection caused by touch during the transfer process greatly. At present, the customer is deploying more robots of IPLUSMOBOT, and extending the appliance of mobile robots further in the factory.